RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
No one should attend practice or a game if he/she is NOT feeling well, has a fever or is currently under a quarantine. The health and safety are the responsibility of all players, parents, coaches and officials.
- Players must wash their hands thoroughly before attending practices.
- Players should not share water bottles and drink containers.
- It is recommended that players have their own hand sanitizer for personal use.
- Uniforms and practice shirts must be washed as soon as possible after the game.
- Benches should be wiped down with a disinfectant prior and after the game.
- Players when off the field should maintain social distancing of 6’
- Disinfect soccer balls after games or practices
- Shin guards and scrimmage vests should not be shared.
- If scrimmage vests need to be shared, it's recommended to spray them down with a disinfectant before sharing.
- Ask each each player upon arrival to a practice or game if he/she is feeling well and is not exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Only coaches should pick up team equipment or move practice equipment.
- Equipment should be properly disinfected daily
- Pregame, halftime, and post-game instructions should be kept to a minimum and have players practice social distancing rather than sitting or standing next to each other.
- Prior to training check your child's temperature and refrain from participation if he or she has a fever (≥100.4 degrees F).
- Stay in or near your car and/or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements.
- Ensure your child’s equipment, (cleats, ball, shin guards, etc.) are sanitized before and after every training.
- Notify the club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason using the report form.
Reign Covid-19 Action Plan (effective 1/18/21)
Any individual that tests positive, has been exposed to someone positive, or has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 has a duty to report to the Club. First, report using the form above and then contact the coach or manager. All information will be kept confidential.
COVID + or displaying symptoms, regardless of vaccination status:
- Isolate at home for days 0-5 (day “0” is the day symptoms begin or day test was taken if asymptomatic)
- Monitor symptoms a full 10 days
- If symptoms have improved (24 hours fever free without fever reducing meditation) and no new symptoms develop, you may return to Reign activities and MUST mask for days 6-10.
Close Contact Vaccinated or were COVID+ in the last 90 days:
- No quarantine required if asymptomatic. Monitor for symptoms for 10 days. It is recommended to test on day 5 after exposure.
Close Contact, Not Vaccinated:
- Quarantine at home for days 1-5, monitor for symptoms, test on day 5 and provide negative test to return to Reign activities on day 6 if asymptomatic. MUST mask for days 6-10.
- OR quarantine at home for 10 days without testing
Plymouth Reign asks all players and spectators to be diligent about not attending games or practices if you are not feeling well including having a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptoms.
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
MSYSA recommends that affiliated athletes (regardless of vaccination status) wear facial coverings in indoor settings (indoor gyms, indoor facilities, etc.) prior to, and immediately following, trainings and games, and when on the bench or sidelines.
Return to Play Phases
Phase 1 - Stay Home
- No in person soccer related activity
- Online training only
Phase 2 - Individual/Small Group Training
- Player to coach ratio per practice group of no more than ten (10) players and a coach
- Practices limited to non-contact individual activities while following social distancing protocols (individual skills, fitness, etc.). No group activities allowed in this stage.
- Stagger start times for training to minimize players arriving and leaving at the same time
- Games or scrimmages are NOT permitted in this phase. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. are not permitted due to potential contact
- Parents must follow social distancing guidelines and should remain in their cars if possible.
Phase 3 - Larger Group/Team Training
- Player to coach ratio per practice group of no more than ten 15 players one (1) coach. Multiple groups may practice simultaneously but must follow distance protocols.
- Staggered start times for practice to minimize players arriving and leaving at the same time.
- Limited physical contact
- Parent and Guardian may watch practice but adhere to social distancing requirements
- No games or scrimmages are permitted in this phase. Activities should continue to adhere to social distancing policies (e.g. passing patterns, zone games, etc.).
Phase 4 – Full Return to Play
- No training session restrictions
League Games Protocols:
- Social Distancing for spectators
- Staggered start times to limit the interactions with teams arriving and leaving the field of play
Sources and References